Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just Look at This!

Just look at this: my very first lemon meringue pie! It was a two-hour ordeal. (That's including the time it took to redo one part of the intricate recipe due to mistakenly reading 4 tbs of cornstarch instead of 4 tsp. There is now a very dense gelatinous blob in our trash can...I was afraid it would clog the disposal!) Definitely a pain in the butt, but it came out beautifully and tastes absolutely AMAZING! Sour enough, but not too sour; sweet enough, but not too sweet; lemony enough, but not too lemony. Seriously good stuff. Besides the difficulty of the ordeal, the only thing I'm not happy with is the appearance of the crust. It tastes good, but it doesn't look pretty...and those of you who know me know that I like my pie crusts to be pretty and fancy! Despite it's sub-par appearance, the crust tastes good--it didn't get soggy and it's not tough. The secret? Hard to be sure, but I think it was that I rolled it out between two sheets of saran wrap so I didn't have to handle it a lot.

Just look at that lemony goodness!
Actually, I think that with the exception of the crust's appearance, this might be the best pie I've ever made. Go me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

both of my girls have way surpassed my skills at your age. but you should have seen my devils food cheesecake. it was spectacular! i guess i will have to get a digital camera and blogspot!