Thursday, December 17, 2009
So, here's my ring! Isn't it beautiful?!
It's been resized twice now (made smaller twice) and now it feels REALLY tight. But I'm going to give it a few days and if it still feels too small after we get back from all of our holiday travels, I guess I can take it back and get it made a 1/4 size bigger. Geez! Ridiculous!
Sunday, December 13, 2009
I think I very well may be the luckiest girl in the whole world. I got an invitation in the mail a couple of weeks ago--Mark planned a whole weekend of activities to celebrate two years of being together. On Friday night, we went to a couples cooking class; on Saturday we had some fun at Dave & Busters before a romantic dinner at a lovely little restaurant. When we got home, he gave me a CD he made for me. It is full of special songs that chronicle the journey we've been on together for the last 2 and a half years--our past, our present, and our future. Of course, I loved it and started crying and hugged him. But...he cut our hug short and....proposed! It was perfect, actually. So, we're engaged! Wow!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
So, a few months ago, I decided that Mark needed to try crab legs. Now, pretty much every time we go to the grocery store, he insists that we look to see if they're on sale. Most of the time they are and crab legs have joined the regular dinner rotation at our house. It's really a pretty cheap dinner whenever we end up buying them...tonight we each had a crab cluster and it was $4.25 total. Toss in two baked potatoes and it's a cheap, delicious meal.
Fidgie really likes crab, too.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Well, after having my original cell phone for many years (6 or 7, I think), I have finally bitten the bullet and ordered a new phone. I have been putting it off for years....literally.....and finally decided that if I haven't changed carriers or plans in the last seven years, I probably won't in the next two either. Plus, my phone is in poor shape. Something inside of it rattles when you shake the phone...which can't be a good sign. It has served me well, but I figure there are only so many things that can come detached inside of a tiny, old phone and it's only a matter of time before that broken piece breaks something else. So, with a 2-year plan extension, I got a totally free upgrade! Here it is, and LG CU515 (I think):Not quite as extreme as a new car, but it'll do!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
So, it's not so much that I'm REALLY boring--it's just that I've been too busy and lazy to update here. So here, for your viewing pleasure, is an amalgamation of my October:
1. We have the cutest cat ever.2. Mark got a haircut--from me--in our bathroom!
3. The roof leaked. Mega-big-time. With steady streams of water from 2:00 in the morning until 4:30 in the morning. It was not good.
4. We named our Jack-o-Lantern "Maxwell" this year. He was spooky. But he was moldy and rotten within 3 days of being carved so we had to throw him away before Halloween.
5. These mushrooms were delicious.
6. Our cat does not like to be held. She does not like it one bit.7. I made apple strudel. It was marvelous and it turned out beautifully. It really wasn't as much of a pain in the ass as I was expecting. The only real problem was that the bottom crust got soggy within a week of having made the strudel. I'll have to figure out a better way to store it next time.
And last, but not least, Fidget likes to play fetch. With a straw. Her favorite toy ever.